About the Job
FreightPlus is an industry provider of data-driven transportation management, offering businesses customized and fully tailored managed transportation solutions in a boutique environment where clients get the individual attention they deserve. FreightPlus combines first class customer service with innovative technology and industry best practices to help mid-size and growing companies work efficiently in the $800B domestic transportation market. The Company is ranked #184 in the most recent Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies. Visit FreightPlus.io for more information.
Location: Quincy, MA
FreightPlus is seeking an Operations Planner to join our team! The planner will coordinate the flow of work and materials between client shipping/receiving facilities as well as identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. This is an entry-level position with lots of room to grow within the organization!
Operations Planner Responsibilities:
- Primary Coordination: The operations planner serves as the primary coordinator of enterprise customer freight. This includes appointment coordination, carrier rating, route guide adherence, load tendering, and load optimization, by combining orders where applicable.
- Customer Shipper/Receiver Communication: The operations planner is responsible for learning how to best partner with recurring origin and destination facilities. That includes understanding each site’s appointment-making process, shipping/receiving point of contacts, site limitations/challenges, and regular assets that pick/up deliver at set locations.
- Customer Education: The operations planner provides best practices and continuous education to the customer through day-to-day communications to their customers.
- Client Service: The operations planner acts as the first recipient for incoming emails for customers, and should provide prompt, accurate feedback to those requests.
- Operational Improvement: The operations planner is responsible for identifying and reporting operational inefficiencies as well as serves as the point of contact between the client and internal teams when driving operational improvements.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Previous experience in transportation, operational planning, enterprise customer service or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Includes a competitive salary, health & dental benefits, and unlimited PTO.